Wow! I hope that's the season's low point

Bahama O's Fan

If that is the season's low-point, then this is going to be a phenomenal season.

....... The Baltimore Orioles came crashing down hard with a devastating loss to the Yankees, evening the series at 1 game apiece, and ending the Yankees' 6-game losing streak.

But that was rock bottom for Birds in the 2016 season. 15-11 was rock bottom ........

Man. That would be one hell of a narrative to look back on in October.

CC just always seem to dip his toes into the fountain of youth whenever he plays us.
I watched this horrible game. However, I wasn't all that surprised. I see a pattern: it seems that the O's offense cannot deal with skilled finesse pitchers, who throw slow but effective stuff. They seem to be baffled by the slow stuff, swinging through change ups, curves, etc. I might be wrong, but I've seen this before.

I watched this horrible game. However, I wasn't all that surprised. I see a pattern: it seems that the O's offense cannot deal with skilled finesse pitchers, who throw slow but effective stuff. They seem to be baffled by the slow stuff, swinging through change ups, curves, etc. I might be wrong, but I've seen this before.

Most recently they did very well against John Danks and Matt Latos.

Almost any struggling pitcher finds SOMETHING when they pitch against us. And NO, we will NOT beat Tanaka either.

I've lost count of how many times you've said the same thing about ::fill in the blank elite pitcher:: and we turned around and did it.

If this is rock bottom, we are in for a heck of a good year.

I wish I could find the thread from June 2014 after Britton (after recently replacing Tommy Hunter(!) as closer) had given up a crushing walkoff bomb to Carlos Beltran. Now THAT was a crushing loss. Oh wait, here it is...

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/141891-vs-Yankees-6-20/page65

The bullpen appeared to be a complete mess. 3.5 games behind the Jays, 1 back of the Yankees. Seemed like we just weren't capable of winning a game. Zach went on to become one of the league's very best closers, O's win the division. Baseball is nuts.

CC just always seem to dip his toes into the fountain of youth whenever he plays us.

CC has played a stopper role for the Yankees for years, and I forget the number, but they mentioned in the pre-game show, on how many times, he had stopped a Yankee loss of 5 games or more and it was pretty high.

He's not the same pitcher he was though. He pitched well last night. I don't think he was in some zone though. A good team, on their game, should have touched him up for 3 or 4 runs, IMO.

I agree that he wasn't the same pitcher, he used to be.

But, he still good enough last night.

Heck, our guy was matching him, pretty well, until the end of the 6th.

Archived